Student Login|View Cart|Manage Licenses

Two Tax Credits to Help Pay Higher Education Costs

There are two federal tax credits available to help you offset the costs of higher education for yourself or your dependents. These are the American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. Visit our Blog to learn more..

Seven Facts about Injured Spouse Relief

If you file a joint return for your client and all or part of their refund is applied against their spouses’ past-due federal tax, state income tax, child or spousal support or federal nontax debt, such as a student loan, your client may be entitled to injured spouse relief. There are seven facts the IRS wants you to know about claiming injured spouse relief. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Six Tips for Paying Estimated Taxes

Estimated tax is a method used to pay tax on income that is not subject to withholding. You may need to pay estimated taxes during the year depending on what you do for a living and what type of income you receive. There are six tips from the IRS that will provide you with a quick look at estimated taxes and how to pay them. Visit our Blog to learn more.

10 things the Internal Revenue Service wants your client to know about setting aside retirement money in an IRA.

The first one is your client may be able to deduct some or all of their contributions to their IRA. Your client may also be eligible for the Savers Credit formally known as the Retirement Savings Contributions Credit. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Eight Tips for Deducting Charitable Contributions

Charitable contributions made to qualified organizations may help lower your client's tax bill. The IRS has put together the following eight tips to help ensure their contributions pay off on their tax return. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Ten Things to Know about Farm Income and Deductions

If your client has a farming business, there are several tax issues to consider before filing their federal tax return. The IRS has compiled a list of 10 things that you may want to know. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Employee Business Expenses

If you itemize deductions for your client and they are an employee, they may be able to deduct certain work-related expenses. The IRS has put together the following facts to help you determine which expenses may be deducted as an employee business expense. Expenses that qualify for an itemized deduction include... Visit our Blog to learn more.

Work From Home? Consider the Home Office Deduction

Whether you are self-employed or an employee, if you use a portion of your home for business, you may be able to take a home office deduction. There are six things the IRS wants you to know about the Home Office deduction. Visit our Blog to learn more.

What Parents Should Know about Their Child’s Investment Income

Parents need to be aware of the tax rules that affect their children’s investment income. There are four facts from the IRS that will help parents determine whether their child’s investment income will be taxed at the parents’ rate or the child’s rate... Visit our Blog to learn more.

Get Credit for Making Your Home Energy Efficient or Buying Energy-Efficient Products

Taxpayers who made some energy efficient improvements to their home or purchased energy-efficient products last year may qualify for a tax credit this year. The IRS wants you to know about these six energy-related tax credits created or expanded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Nine Facts on filing an Amended Return

An amended tax return generally allows your client to file again to correct their filing status, their income or to add deductions or credits your client may have missed. There are nine points the IRS wants you to know about amending your federal income tax return. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Tax Refund Withholdings and Offsets

If your client owes money because of certain delinquent debts, the IRS or the Department of Treasury's Financial Management Service (FMS), which issues IRS tax refunds, can offset or reduce their federal tax refund or withhold the entire amount to satisfy the debt. There are seven important facts the IRS wants you to know about tax refund offsets. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Eight Facts on Penalties

When it comes to filing a tax return – or not filing one - the IRS can assess a penalty if your client fails to file, fails to pay or both. There are eight important points the IRS wants you to know about the two different penalties your client may face if they do not file or pay timely.Visit our Blog to learn more.

Earned Income Tax Credit

The Earned Income Tax Credit is a financial boost for workers earning $46,227 ($51,567 married filing jointly) or less a year. Four of five eligible taxpayers filed for and received their EITC last year. There are 10 things the IRS wants you to know about this valuable credit. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Medical and Dental Expenses

If you itemize deductions for your client on Form 1040, Schedule A, There are six things the IRS wants you to know about medical and dental expenses and other benefits. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Are Your Client's Social Security Benefits Taxable?

The Social Security benefits your client receives in 2012 may be taxable. They should receive a Form SSA1099 which will show the total amount of the benefits. The information provided on this statement along with the following seven facts from the IRS will help you determine whether or not the benefits are taxable. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Six Facts the IRS Wants You to Know about the Alternative Minimum Tax

The Alternative Minimum Tax attempts to ensure that anyone who benefits from certain tax advantages pays at least a minimum amount of tax. The AMT provides an alternative set of rules for calculating your income tax. In general, these rules should determine the minimum amount of tax that someone with your income should be required to pay. If your regular tax falls below this minimum, you have to make up the difference by paying alternative minimum tax. Visit our Blog to learn more about the facts.

Ten Things to Know About the Child and Dependent Care Credit

If your client paid someone to care for their child, spouse, or dependent last year, they may be able to claim the Child and Dependent Care Credit on their federal income tax return. There are 10 things the IRS wants you to know about claiming a credit for child and dependent care expenses. Visit our Blog to learn more about the facts.

Seven Tips About Rental Income and Expenses

Does your client rent property to others? If so, you’ll want to read the following seven tips from the IRS about rental income and expenses. You generally must include in your client's gross income all amounts your client receives as rent. Rental income is any payment you receive for the use of or occupation of property. Expenses of renting property can be deducted from your gross rental income. You generally deduct your rental expenses in the year you pay them. Publication 527, Residential Rental Property, includes information on the expenses you can deduct if you rent property. Visit our Blog to learn more about the seven tips.

Ten Facts for Mortgage Debt Forgiveness

If your client's mortgage debt is partly or entirely forgiven during tax years 2007 through 2012, they may be able to claim special tax relief and exclude the debt forgiven from your income. There are 10 facts the IRS wants you to know about Mortgage Debt Forgiveness. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Four Credits That Can Pay at Tax Time

Your client might be eligible for a valuable tax credit. A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction of taxes owed. Some credits are even refundable, which means you might receive a refund rather than owe any taxes at all. There are four popular tax credits you should consider before filing your client's 2012 Federal Income Tax Return. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Many Tax Return Preparers Must Use IRS e-file Beginning in 2011

A new law requires many paid tax return preparers to electronically file federal income tax returns prepared and filed for individuals, trusts, and estates starting Jan. 1, 2011. The e-file requirement will be phased in over two years. As a result of the new rules, preparers will be required to start using IRS e-file beginning:

January 1, 2011— for preparers who anticipate filing 100 or more Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and 1041 during the year; or

January 1, 2012— for preparers who anticipate filing 11 or more 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and 1041 during the year.

Did your Client Take an Early Distribution from Their Retirement Plan?

Some taxpayers may have needed to take an early distribution from their retirement plan last year. The IRS wants individuals who took an early distribution to know that there can be a tax impact to tapping your retirement fund. There are ten facts about early distributions. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Get Credit for Your Client's Retirement Savings Contributions

Your client may be eligible for a tax credit if you make eligible contributions to an employer-sponsored retirement plan or to an individual retirement arrangement. There are six things the IRS wants you to know about the Savers Credit. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Important Tax Law Changes for 2012

Tax Preparers should make sure they are aware of many important changes to the tax law before they complete their client's 2011 federal income tax return. There are several important changes that the IRS wants you to keep in mind when you file your 2012 federal income tax return in 2013. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Six Facts about Choosing the Standard or Itemized Deductions

When filing your client's federal income tax return, taxpayers can choose to either take the standard deduction or to itemize their deductions. The IRS has put together the following six facts to help you choose the method that gives you the lowest tax. Visit our Blog to learn the facts.

Tax Benefits for Disabled Taxpayers

Taxpayers with disabilities and parents of children with disabilities may qualify for a number of IRS tax credits and benefits. There are seven tax credits and other benefits. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Taxable or Non-Taxable Income?

Generally, most income you receive is considered taxable but there are situations when certain types of income are partially taxed or not taxed at all. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Four Tax Tips about Tip Income

If you work in an occupation where tips are part of your total compensation, you need to be aware of several facts relating to your federal income taxes. Here are four things the IRS wants you to know about tip income. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Six Important Facts about Dependents and Exemptions

Some tax rules affect every person who may have to file a federal income tax return – these rules include dependents and exemptions. Here are six important facts the IRS wants you to know about dependents and exemptions that will help you file your 2012 tax return. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Tax Help ‘en Español’

Tax information can be tough to understand in any language, but it can be even more difficult if it is not in your first language. The IRS offers a wide range of free and easy-to-use products and services for Spanish speaking taxpayers. There are nine ways you can get help from the IRS if you need assistance with your federal taxes in Spanish. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Eight Facts About Filing Status

The first step to filing your federal income tax return is to determine which filing status to use. Your filing status is used to determine your filing requirements, standard deduction, eligibility for certain credits and deductions, and your correct tax. There are five filing statuses: Single, Married Filing Jointly, Married Filing Separately, Head of Household and Qualifying Widow(er) with Dependent Child. There are eight facts about the five filing status options the IRS wants you to know so that you can choose the best option for your situation. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Choosing the Simplest Tax Form for Your Client

If you file your return using IRS e-file, the system will automatically decide which form you need. There are some general rules to consider when deciding which paper tax form to file. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Do you know how to obtain IRS Forms and Publications?

The Internal Revenue Service has free tax forms and publications on a wide variety of topics. Due to the continued growth in electronic filing, the availability of free options to taxpayers and efforts to reduce costs; the IRS will no longer be automatically mailing paper tax packages. If you need IRS forms, there are four easy methods for getting the information you need. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Updates for IRA Accounts

For 2012, individual taxpayers can deposit up to a certain amount into a Traditional or Roth Individual Retirement Account (IRA). Visit our Blog to learn more.

Ten Tax Benefits for Parents

There are 10 tax benefits the IRS wants parents to consider when filing their tax returns this year. Visit our Blog to learn more.

IRS Launches the IRS2Go App for iPhone, Android

Taxpayers Can check refunds and get tax information.

Tax Help for Small Businesses and Self-Employed

The IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center at offers extensive resources and online tools designed to help small businesses and self-employed persons.

Tax Tips for Self-employed Individuals

If you are in business for yourself, or carry on a trade or business as a sole proprietor or an independent contractor, you generally would consider yourself self-employed and you would file IRS Schedule C, Profit or Loss From Business or Schedule C-EZ, Net Profit From Business with your Form 1040. There are six things the IRS wants you to know about self-employment. Visit our Blog for more information.

Ten Important Facts About Capital Gains and Losses

Did you know that almost everything you own and use for personal or investment purposes is a capital asset? Capital assets include a home, household furnishings and stocks and bonds held in a personal account. When a capital asset is sold, the difference between the amount you paid for the asset and the amount you sold it for is a capital gain or capital loss.There are ten facts from the IRS about gains and losses and how they can affect your Federal income tax return. Visit our Blog for more information.

Seven Facts about the Expanded Adoption Credit

For 2012 you may be able to take a tax credit of up to $12,970 for qualified expenses paid to adopt an eligible child. The credit is no longer refundable. There are seven things the IRS wants you to know about the expanded adoption credit. Visit our Blog for more information.

Four Facts About Bartering

In today’s economy, small business owners sometimes look to the oldest form of commerce – the exchange of goods and services, or bartering. The fair market value of property or services received through barter is taxable income. Visit our Blog to learn about the four facts.

Ten Facts about the Child Tax Credit

The Child Tax Credit is an important tax credit that may be worth as much as $1,000 per qualifying child depending upon your income. There are 10 important facts from the IRS about this credit and how it may benefit your family. Visit our Blog for more information.

Standard Mileage Rates

The 2012 rates for mileage for business use of your car is 55.5 cents a mile. Medical and moving mileage are both 23 cents per mile and for miles driven in service of charitable organizations you can deduct 14 cents a mile. Visit our Blog to learn more.

Platinum Professional Services' Networking page gives you the capability to use our site to promote your own services as well as broaden your services.

You will be able to promote your business to other visitors and users of this site. E-mail us at customersupport @ to add your name, business address, email,  and/or website to our online directory.  Please Note: In order to have your business listing on our Networking page, you must be a current client and certified by Platinum Professional Services.

Tax Preparer's Listed by City:
  • Paul French, ABA, RTRP
Paul French Tax Service
Po Box 1026
5470 NW 66th Ave
Johnston, IA 50131
(515) 276-6182
  • Accounting & Tax Preparation
Contact: Sandra Underhill
PO Box 1905
Lakeside, CA 92040
  • Joe's Professional Tax Service
Contact: Joseph Ginn Jr.
3166 East Palmdale Blvd, Suite 218
Palmdale, CA 93550
  • Proficient Income Tax Service
Contact: Terri DeLeon
Santa Fe Springs, Ca
  • Smart Accountancy Corp
Contact: Felix Nyilu
17744 Sky Park Cir Ste 225
Irvine, CA 92614-4480
Phone: (888) 949-7450
  • MVP Notary and Tax
Contact: Letty A Marquez
  • Virtual Accounting Professional Corporation
Contact:  Staci Nelson
  • CalTax Solutions
Contact:  Shawn Modarres
  • Star Tax Service/Purfect Printing
Contact:  Vickie Frelow
8447 Wilshire Blvd. #401
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
818.429.6326, 818.712.9474
  • TDC Accounting Services, Inc.
Contact:  Toni Njoroge
333 City Blvd. West Suite 1700
Orange, CA 92868
  • Nick Chea
1611 S. Pacific Coast Hwy 200F
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
  • Maria Leticia Beltran
Beltran’s Bookkeeping & Tax Services
PO Box 1035
Thermal, CA 92274
  • Tax Center of South Setauket
Contact: Michael J. Toner
30 Brookfield Ln.
South Setuaket, NY 11720
5200 SW 8TH Street, Suite #120
Coral Gables, FL. 33134
Phone: 305-443-0188
Fax: 305-441-7132
  • Financial Consulting
Contact: Rickey Reynolds
2775 Still Lake Drive
Acworth, Georgia 30102
  • Jc Tax Services of South Florida, Inc
Contact: Christina R. Eveillard
101 Edmund Rd
West Park, Florida
  • Man-Tax Services LLC
5350 Madison Ave Suite E
Sacramento,CA 95841
Isaac Manego Jr, EA
  • Quality Insurance Tax Agency
  • Andre Martinez
Colbert Ball Tax Service (inside Ace check cashing)
11338 Chimney Rock
Houston 77035
Phone- (832) 499-4391
  • Lisa Xiong, RTRP
LLX Bookkeeping
7081 N Marks Ave #104 PMB 133
Fresno, CA 93711
  • Ms. J's Tax Service
Sue Johnson
4351 Bull Run Rd
Ashland City TN 37015
  • Colbert Ball Tax Service
Contact: Lupita Cano
106 N Salinas Blvd, Ste C
Donna, TX 78537
  • Emeryville Tax Services
Maysa Saud
4342 San Pablo Ave
Emeryville, Ca 9460
  • Charles Sheaman
1303 Hickory Trace Dr.
Greensboro, NC 27407-2847
  • Stuart E. Perry, Accountant
SEP Financial Services
PO Box 23007
Jacksonville, Florida 32241
  • Dave Pex, EA and Oregon Licensed Consultant
3636 NE 63rd Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97213
  • Janine Overlie, CRTP/AFSP
20 years experience
E-file all states/payroll
  • Sandpoint Sage Ltd
International Business Services
  • Juan D. Jefferson
CTEC Licensed Tax Preparer
7 years experience
  • 86-27 Whitney Ave. Suite #1
Elmhurst, NY 11373
TEL. 718-476-1040
FAX. 718-478-1040
Contact: Florangela Garcia
Registered Tax Preparer PTIN and NYS/ITIN CAA/CAF/Report Agent/Notary Public
  • Dee's Income Tax Repair Shop
Contact: Doretta Fahrig
ea 1320 Witter Road
Lockhart, Texas
  • Russell Financial and Business Services
195 Olive Lane Lake
Havasu City, Arizona 86403
  • Sharon Sapp
DBA  Countryside Income Tax
956 Old Savannah Hwy
Claxton, GA 30417
912 682 7357 fax: 912 739 0872
  • Glenn R Gardner
423 Union Street Suite 1
Littleton, New Hampshire 03561
603 444 1137
  • Newby's Business And Tax Consultants
Otis Newby
Po Box box 4025
Atlanta, GA 30302
Office: 404 349 8194
Fax: 404 349 3547
  • JC Tax Services, Inc
Christina Eveillard
101 Edmund Road
West Park, Florida 33023
Office: 954 825 6964
  • Hill-Smith Instant Services
Adrianne Hill-Smith
136 Moonlight Road
Matteson, Illinois 60443
Office: 708 747 3505
Fax: 798 481 1705
  • Matthew J Cronin RTRP
Income Tax Preparation
15160 Endicott Street
Philadelphia, PA 19116
215 677 8413 (Office)
  • Maria J Jimenez MSA
Jimenez Consulting & Tax Services
2150 Wilma Rudolph Blvd, Suite 1
Clarksville, TN 37040
Phone:(931) 802-8620
Fax:(931) 503-2504
  • Elmer O. Tablante
UNICA Services: Travel, Notary, Income, Tax, Bookkeeping, Payroll
2023 Sharkon Ct., Stockton, CA 95210
Mobile #: 209.938.8920
Fax #: 888.526.1523
  • Maria V Sanchez
Auer Woodley Ostlund CPAs LLC
5920 Yellowstone Road, Ste 1
Cheyenne WY 82009
307-635-1049 fax
  • Terry O'Neill, EA
17205 Magic Mountain Drive
Round Hill, VA 20141
  • Kathy A. Renner
P.O. Box 4826
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91729
  • Tiffiney Coursey, MBA, Sole Member/Accountant
BellCours Accounting, LLC
P. O. Box 653
212 Del Rey Avenue, Canon City CO 81215
(719) 275-0730    
  • Barbara Koeplinger
A-Economical B and B Income Tax Inc.
  • Gary Vassalotti, LIFA, RTRP
901 Lawrence Drive
Duncansville, PA 16635
  • Sherrie's Tax Service
  • Tax Solution Services LLC
1515 7th St South Ste. F
Clanton, AL 35045
  • Darrell B. Early, MBA, CFE, EA
Tax & Business Advisor
Integrity Tax & Business Consulting
1464 Alberton Circle, Lincoln, CA 95648
Phone: 916-216-0800
Fax: 916-379-7828
  • Lifeline Financial Tax Team
Professional Tax Preparation, Life Insurance and Credit Repair 
Contact: Valida C. Walker
7826 Eastern Avenue, NW Suite 409
Washington, DC 20012
(202) 829-5433
(240) 780-8299
  • Sage Money Managers, LLC
Contact: Jan Skibinski
1100 Johnson Rd #18442
Golden, CO 80401
  • Count It All Joy Tax Service
Contact: Sandra S. Leonard
10200 I-10 East Freeway, Suite 140
Houston, TX 77029
713-673-1618 FAX
  • Reliable Refunds LLC
Contact: Brooke Farmer
3325 Kirby Parkway Ste.101
Memphis,TN 38115
  • Claudette E. Dunford
1740 Dixie Line Rd.
Newark, DE 19702
Ph: (302) 378-2937
Fx: (302) 737-0264
  • Seaford Management, LLC
Bi-lingual office: English and Spanish
Contact: Francis X Raskauskas, President
420 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 1
Seaford, DE 19973
Phone: (302) 990-9003
  • Essential Tax Services
Contact: Anthony O. Ibidapo
8024 Fleetwood Dr.
Plano, TX 75025
Phone: (469) 360-7292 Fax: 972-954-7941
  • Dewayne Hallmark
Smith, Lambright & Associates
505 East Tyler Street
Athens, TX 75751​

 Notaries Listed by City:
  • Myitax
Francisco Onofre
151 N. Tustin Ave, Suite B-3
Tustin, CA 92780
  • Victor H. Zeladita
8427 Nevada Avenue
West Hills, CA 91304
  • 1st & Main Accounting & Mobile Notary
Contact:  Kaitlyn Gillaspy
PO Box 11354
Whittier, CA 90603
  • Income Tax Preparation
Ron Campagni-RTRP
2024 Upland Dr.
Franklin, TN 37067-4089
Home: 615.790.2081
Cell: 615.390.3093
  • CLC Tax Service
Charlie R. Caldwell
200 Day Break Dr.
Kernersville, NC 27284
  • Prom-EL Tax & Accounting Service
239 W. Grand Ave.
Port Washington, WI 53074
  • Shiva’s Accounting & Tax Services Inc.
Contact: Pareshkumar (Pete) Thakore
Very experienced tax accountant for over 25 years
43478 Bennington Dr.
Novi, MI 48375
Phone: 313-575-7448
  • Licensed Tax Preparer
Ira Cohen
5576 Ainsley Ct.
Boyton Beach, FL. 33437
  • KC’s Tax Service
KC Clinton
6786 Whitten Pine Dr.
Bartlett, TN 38184
  • Charlie Asong-Morfaw
AJ &A Tax Services
7691 Central Ave Ne ,Suite 202
Fridley, MN 55432
612-235-4654 Office
612-207-8044 Mobile 24/7
763-219-4949 fax
  • B & G Accounting & Tax Service
Contact: Malamih Samona
1071 E. 9 Mile Rd.
Hazel Park, MI 48030
Phone: 248-543-6820
Fax: 248-543-2498
  • Bells Tax Service
Contact: Jeffrey Bell
127 W Main St
Morenci, MI 49256
Phone: (517)458-3015
  • Reeds Taxpayer Representation
Contact: Brian J. Reed
P.O Box 2203
Quinlan, TX 75474
(214) 557-7971 Mobile
(888) 263-6593 Fax
Home  ·  Contact Us  ·  Site Map  ·  Privacy Policy  ·  Blog  ·  FAQ  ·  Testimonials  ·  Newsletters  ·  Networking  ·  Tax Resources  ·  Notary Supplies
Copyright © Platinum Professional Services
All Rights Reserved Seal Beach, CA